Saturday, August 27, 2016

Wk1: [[Growth Mindset]]

Carol Dweck-EverdayPowerBlog
I have heard of Carol Dweck and growth mindset before. I had the opportunity to take another class closely connected to this one and had the opportunity to learn about about the person and the idea. I think if I allot enough time out of this semester I could learn even more about the subject and really apply to everyday life. Including not only at school, but my life, and my job.
OU Campus-Kiplinger
I think it could help me to really accomplish more than I could have imagined, by making me more aware and prepared to acceptance challenges and do my best to accomplish. I really think it could help me build a better future for myself and for those around me. What I have learned about my learning here at OU is I'm very capable of any subject if I'm willing to put the time and effort to understand the material. I also learned not to be afraid to ask questions and that your classmates are going through the same thing as you do. My learning has stemmed from me trying, but not trying hard enough. With the competitiveness that comes with being a student at OU, I realized that i'm actually capable of so much more than I thought I was. That I could do and be so much more than I thought. I think that is the biggest and best lesson I have learned during my time at OU. I have two classes this semester I'm really excited about, this class (thought I wasn't going to be able to take it) and my Oracle class. I think both of them dive into things I love most: Scifi, movies, books and so on. I'm mot nervous about my Introduction to Forensic class. I'm so out of my element that I'm afraid I'm going to bomb completely. Maybe with growth mindset it will give me the courage and know how to study for the course and succeed.

1 comment: