Thursday, August 25, 2016

Wk1: [[Storybook Favorites]]

[[Favorite Storybooks]]
The Best Time Machine-WiffleGif
1. Weather Gods: I really like the idea of the time travel to go back in time to research some mythological characters to study weather patterns. It's very creative and has a tad bit of Science Fiction which I loved. I'm familiar with the concept of time Travel and somewhat with the Gods that are mentioned. Overall, it's a new concept and idea. That is why I love it so much. The navigation of the storybook is incredibly simplistic, but the photos are wonderful. The pictures match the story perfectly and give it a visual aspect that it needed. I would like to use the photos as a way to tell the story and describe the location like the author did. I thought that was fantastic!
The Most Magical Book-HellYeahRiddle
2. Charles Perrault-The Magic of Reading: I really like the idea of the re-telling of Fairy-tales and what better person to get inspired from them Perrault! The idea is splendid I only wished the introduction mentioned Blue Beard. Maybe that was something that was added on, I'm not sure. It just seems random. The photos are great. They are vintage, artistic and describe the story perfectly, the layout matches well to the magic the author is trying to convey and I like the fact that the links are on top instead of the side, it gives the page more interest. That's the part of the layout I would like to utilize the most.
Mermaids-AstonishingMyths/FactsofPOTC
3. Good and Evil-A Story of the Underwater: Who wouldn't be excited by a story about mermaids? I know I'm a mermaid lover and absolutely love the mystery and magic that comes with it. The layout and photos really get you in the atmosphere of what the story entails and that is something I would love to utilize in my own process. What better way to immerse a reader, but buy surrounding the words with visual help? Even though it was great to see all the photos and etc. I thought the photo on the side was a distraction to what the story was telling. Even though I'm happy that I know why she chose to do mermaids, it just seemed a tad out of place. The introduction told me what to expect and how different the story was going to be from what we already know about mermaids.

No comments:

Post a Comment