Monday, October 10, 2016

Wk8: [[Growth Mindset]]

Literally me everyday...-Chron
I think that my weaknesses definitely are feeling bored quite often. I always have a million things going on and I bounce between things quite a bit. Monotony is my worst enemy. So, in a lot of ways this class gives me the opportunity to really change everyday with my writing. It has really taught me to stay focused and how to better curve my boredom. I go to work and do a job that is the same thing day after day then when  I come home there is a whole big world of opportunity with this course. It really has made me want to stick it out with my job because I have something to counteract it, does that make any sense? I sure hope so..
I also had the HUGE problem of thinking I was "not good" at writing. Literally, what I had was a professor that would continuously say that to me (for an entire semester) has permanently scarred me when it came with my writing. This class has really started making me feel confident about what I have always loved and has really gave me the ability to be unafraid of my creativity. The professor never understood my writing, I think he wanted something straight forward and I like doing things differently. Creating is something that I have always
Truth-Rebloggy
done, writing is something that I really thought at a point that I could succeed in. I still struggle with being told I was not good enough. That I never would be a writer, someone destroying something you pour your heart and soul into every time is hard. I hope that with this class progressing and as I continue to grow in confidence that I can get back to trying to accomplish what I have always set out to do and that is to write a book.

P.S. I did have my peace with my professor. I had to write a reflections paper at the end of the course and I pretty much told him where to stick it. I then proceeded to give him a horrifying evaluation. He no longer teaches the course. Thank goodness, because he wasn't fit for it. Did I mention that I was 1-5 that ended the course and we started off with over 20? 

No comments:

Post a Comment