Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Reading Notes: [[Carroll's Alice in Wonderland, Part B]]

[SOME SPOILERS]
Curiuser and Curiouser-Pinterest
1. A Mad Tea-Party: Mad Hatter and the Time Man. Make the Mad Hatter make the Time Man angry and causes him to be locked away for a long period of time.
  • Hatters singing voice condemns him to be mad by the queen. 
  • Mad Hatter was a celebrated singer, but the queen thought her voice was better. 
  • Hers: loud, squeaky and etc. His: Clear, soft and even.
  • Describe what Alice saw in the garden-Descriptive story.
2. The Queen's Croquet-Ground: I don't remember the queen having royal children. How odd someone who as bad as she is has them. It's completely bonkers!
Mad, Bonkers-Pinterest
  • The three cards and the various mistakes they make and there attempt to hid it from the queen. Try to keep up with the same kind of banter displayed in the book.
3. Who Stole the Tarts? The case of the missing tarts.
Queen eats them, but has forgotten she has done so and blames the knave.
  • Alice is a sleuth that tries to find out what happened and who done it.
Flower Alice-Cuded
4. Alice's Evidence: No ideas.
* Sadly, I found myself uninspired. I don't know why, I love the story of Alice, but I also found the story frustrating. What was the point really? I'm pretty sure I felt the same way when I read it a long time ago. I really think that Disney did an excellent job at making the magic more show-able (if that makes sense). 
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (1865). Alice in Wonderland

Melanie Martinez is the Perfect singer for this Movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment